Art Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sanctuary for those looking to find a comfortable environment to roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capcom and Namco have twins.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinsenka
Administrator
Administrator
Kinsenka

Title : Benevolent Dictator

Capcom and Namco have twins. Empty
PostSubject: Capcom and Namco have twins.   Capcom and Namco have twins. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 am

So, perhaps some of you have heard about how Capcom and Namco are working on their own joint projects. These two projects are actually crossover fighting games using characters from both the Street Fighter and Tekken franchises.

Now, Capcom is planning to restrict their fighting game, Street Fighter X Tekken, to a 2D fighting plane and make more use of projectile attacks. On the other hand, Namco has Tekken X Street Fighter, which will use the same three dimensions of gameplay that the Tekken and SoulCalibur franchises utilize. Also, there's less projectiles.

Now, personally, I'd probably lean toward the Capcom perspective seeing as I've played Street Fighter EX, which put Street Fighter in three dimensions, and I absolutely hated it. It just wasn't Street Fighter for me. So, I have to wonder, how will Namco integrate Ryu's Shoryuken, or more curiously his Shinkuu Tatsumaki? I'd like to pick up Namco's version of this game, but I might just break down and pick Tekken X Street Fighter for variety, since I've played a lot of 2D fighting games already and the only 3D one I have is SoulCalibur IV.

So, what do you guys think? Capcom or Namco?
Back to top Go down
https://artasylum.forumotion.com
CynicalShin
Dipshit
Dipshit
CynicalShin

PostSubject: Re: Capcom and Namco have twins.   Capcom and Namco have twins. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:24 am

Depends. Out of the 15 people I asked, they said they would buy both games. But if you can only choose one side.

Quote :
I'd like to pick up Namco's version of this game, but I might just break down and pick Tekken X Street Fighter for variety, since I've played a lot of 2D fighting games already and the only 3D one I have is SoulCalibur IV.

However, they might possibly just use the projectiles as secret moves or slided in to a long combo. The looks of it as just a regular Tekken game just with Street Fighter characters, currently. However, if you don't find this as a good buy; There's always Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Street Fighter EX is obviously different than Street Fighter IV, and the game's somewhat leaning to SFIV. There will be many projectiles, focus attacks and many cheap moves, similar to another SF game. You probably have seen the first gameplay about Street Fighter x Tekken, the graphics were fluid and it looked like a regular 2-D plane. For right now, until further pictures/videos comes up, Just stick with Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

Title : Scion of cookie kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Capcom and Namco have twins.   Capcom and Namco have twins. EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:04 am

Yeah, I'm going to have to say Capcom.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/CPRoleplay_Redux/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom and Namco have twins.   Capcom and Namco have twins. Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcom and Namco have twins.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Art Asylum :: Essential Boards :: General Discussion-
Jump to: