Art Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sanctuary for those looking to find a comfortable environment to roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dead Space: Chronicles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

Title : Scion of cookie kingdom

Dead Space: Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Dead Space: Chronicles Fohmy1
.....Yes, a thematic RP about Dead Space. With all the violence, blood, and dismembered corpses one could ever want, de-li-cious~!

.....You are crew members of the Alexandrea, a Unitology research cruiser orbiting Iota 9, a dead planet that happens to be the twenty third planet from the Sun. Around four months into your careers aboard the Alexandrea, you all become ill with severe dementia that has been plaguing the research cruiser for two months (When the ship's marker construct had been completed). You have each been confined to the psych ward for severe treatment, but fate has other plans in store. The mental condition of the crew degrades more and more as the days pass. People began writing strange glyphs all over the wall with plasma cutters and even their own blood. Mothers began killing their children (and vice versa), crew members slicing themselves open with tissue lasers, and people going on murderous rampages. Security did their best to maintain order, but the chaos was too widespread to contain. Shortly after the end of the massacre, some of the mentally ill began literally puking their guts out, in an orange and yellow goo. Some were placed in the medical ward for treatment while others were either not known to be ill or absent. Days later their bodies began to rapidly reshape into twisted, monstrous forms. They attacked whoever was near them, impailing them through the chest, mouth, or skulls and caused their victims bodies to reshape into even more twisted forms (Slashers, lurkers, excetra). Most of the unitologists saw this as a blessing from the marker, and tied themselves to their beds, or lined up in their church chained to one another. Waiting to "ascend" to their heavenly forms. While some others refused this fate and fled, only those armed and with knowledge on how to use their weapons survived (as few as this maybe), of course most plagued with the dementia and killed other survivors on sight, and commite suicide at one point or another.

.....You awake in the psych ward, finding your cell doors mysteriously unlocked. The psych ward is void of sound and life, each cell you walk by is empty. Eventually you meet eachother in the psych ward visitor's center. The walls and floors are coated in splatters of blood, with strange glyphs written in blood all over the doors and windows. A corpse sits in the center of the room baring unitologist robes, a knife laying in the neck of the corpse. You realize you can work together and use the knife to cut open your straight jackets and escape, teamwork is key.

.....The events of this RP would take place 2-4 years after Isaac's escape from The Sprawl, who in this timeline would either be dead or in hiding. Yes, you can die or become a necromorph, although if you become a necromorph you would have to play the part or just consider yourself dead (as necromorphs are practically space zombies with little to no mental facculties, they are controlled by the Marker that the virus origionated from and only exist to create more necromorphs). Your characters can have little or no combat experiance, but of course this would make living all the more difficult. You don't have to be unitologists, although you can be if you want to. Weapons and armor will be rewarded as the RP progresses, but don't expect to become juggernauts as that would just make the RP boring. Your characters must be between the ages 22 and 40, and you may have two. Although for a better experiance I suggest only having one character.

Comments, suggestions, donations?

Last edited by Akihisa on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/CPRoleplay_Redux/index.php?act=idx
Kinsenka
Administrator
Administrator
Kinsenka

Title : Benevolent Dictator

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Now while I would be interested in joining a sci-fi/futuristic roleplay like a Dead Space one, I have absolutely no expertise with the games. Is it necessary, or even imperative that I play them first?
Back to top Go down
https://artasylum.forumotion.com
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Kinsenka wrote:
Now while I would be interested in joining a sci-fi/futuristic roleplay like a Dead Space one, I have absolutely no expertise with the games. Is it necessary, or even imperative that I play them first?

No, but it is suggested that you know what the baddies looked like which could be done in 3 minutes of googling "Dead Space beastiary". Although I intend on creating new variations of Necromorphs. Please note that necromorphs are near impossible to kill so don't expect your character fighting them off with some wushu martial arts. They are three times stronger than an average human, have no use for their internal organs, and feel no pain. Dismemberment or complete destruction of the body are the only means of "killing" them.
Back to top Go down
Kinsenka
Administrator
Administrator
Kinsenka

Title : Benevolent Dictator

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Akihisa wrote:
Kinsenka wrote:

No, but it is suggested that you know what the baddies looked like which could be done in 3 minutes of googling "Dead Space beastiary". Although I intend on creating new variations of Necromorphs. Please note that necromorphs are near impossible to kill so don't expect your character fighting them off with some wushu martial arts. They are three times stronger than an average human, have no use for their internal organs, and feel no pain. Dismemberment or complete destruction of the body are the only means of "killing" them.

I thought you had to blow up their head. Doesn't that work too?
Back to top Go down
https://artasylum.forumotion.com
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Kinsenka wrote:
Akihisa wrote:
Kinsenka wrote:

I thought you had to blow up their head. Doesn't that work too?

Not really no. The only necromorphs with actual need of their brains, ears, eyes, nose excetra are guardians (necromorphs that are actually still alive), "The Pack" (children usually between the ages 5 and 10 that are a collective of instinctive killers) and Stalkers (Or as I call them chicken stalkers, which seem to be the collected or overly mutated corpses of dogs, birds, and cats that actually use tactics to kill their prey). You can blow off a necromorphs head and it would only slow the creature down. They aren't really in control of their own actions, the marker uses them as puppets. Or at least by my hypothesis on (Spoiler alert!)

The fact the markers have a conscious of their own, one even pulls your own conscious inside it to absorb you and make you kill yourself.
Back to top Go down
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 pm

To cover another basis, I think knowing where you are on such a massive vessel would be very important. Depending where the group, and each individual is, I'll post a Map of that section and area of the ship. Of course I won't pinpoint anyone's location, as they will need a holomap or a rig (a suit used by engineers, police, and millitary that has a built in holomap, and life support system) to have this function. With a holomap you'll be able to track others with activated rigs on the same ship level, as well as where you are. Of course don't expect to come by a holomap or a rig easily.
Back to top Go down
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 am

I've mapped out some of the ships design in my head so far, and have ideas for some nasty encounters and a decent plot.

Feel free to make a character, or characters. But even if this does launch off it will take one... Maybe two weeks for me to compile everything together.

Character guidelines:
1: Your character must be between ages 22 and 40, if you have a secondary it may be a child on the nursery section of the Alexandrea, but I wouldn't really expect it to survive.
2: Your character my have two traits (to prevent god modding), I'll leave the traits up to your imagination but please be reasonable and if you're not sure about it ask me first.
3: Unless you were Alexandrea security or some -top gun- back at home, no godly aim. An engineer who just picked up a plasma rifle for the first time in his life hitting perfect limb and head shots is just plain loco.
4: There is no sex in the champagne room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If nothing happens within a week or two, I'll probably have this thread closed and forgotten, but I intend on waiting for an influx of members before shutting down.
Back to top Go down
Heywood Giblome
Dipshit
Dipshit

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:08 am

Dibs on buzzsaw thing and torch!

If not then an oversized electric turkey carver vibroblade

Barring that some of these: Dead Space: Chronicles 50259632_7bb3a9884b would do just fine
Back to top Go down
Akihisa
Dipshit
Dipshit
Akihisa

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 am

If you want weapons of dismemberment and an overpowered blow torch, you're going to have to learn to be patient considering where engineering (and how unsafe) it is. Of course you'll never know what can be nudged your way...
Back to top Go down
Heywood Giblome
Dipshit
Dipshit

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Fine a thermal lance? Seriously plasma cutter and line racks are boring the most boring weapons.

Still serious about those kitty-kitty bang bangs too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Chronicles   Dead Space: Chronicles Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Space: Chronicles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Art Asylum :: Roleplaying Refuge :: Engineer's Domain-
Jump to: